A2P INDUSTRIE is launching a new and very promising patent for the composite materials specialists sector!
IN SOME APPLICATIONS, THE COMPOSITES SECTOR IS FACING A COST PROBLEM RELATED TO ITS PRODUCTIONS’ CYCLE TIMES. TODAY, A2P INDUSTRIE IS OFFICIALLY FILING A PATENT TO PROPOSE A PROBABLE AND ECONOMICAL SOLUTION.
This patent comes from the company’s research and innovation programmes, and enables A2P Industrie to support its customers by co-developing innovative and breakthrough solutions.
In order to improve its competitiveness in a tense international economic context, A2P Industrie has always made innovation a part of its development strategy.
By actively listening to its customers, A2P has been able to identify the challenges of a market which has the wind in its sails, and has innovated yet another unique, energy-efficient solution for the proposed plants.
A2P has respected the very strict criteria for a patent’s admissibility:
- Its innovation is a “novelty” – the public has not heard of it before,
- Its innovation is suitable for “industrial application”,
- Its innovation implies an “inventive step”, to avoid the notion that it stems from a known technique in an obvious way.
Once again, A2P provides indisputable proof that it is not merely a distributor, but an inventor.
A PATENT WHICH DEMONSTRATES A2P’S EXPERTISE IN HEAT CONTROL.
A2P proposes an invention that aims to quickly cool moulds by limiting the increase in pressure in the cooling circuit and consuming less energy.
In the production of composite materials, a compression press holds the material compressed in a mould, attached to heated trays that transmit heat to the tools in which the material remains under pressure. In the case of trays heated by resistances, the core temperature can reach +450°C. Once the compression cycle is complete, the trays must be cooled as quickly as possible in order to minimise the cycle time, to allow the moulds to be opened and parts to be extracted quickly, which is generally done at temperatures of +60°C.
Because the contact between the cold water (generated by the chillers) and the hot moulds during the first moments of cooling creates significant thermal shocks in the trays and large surges of water vapour at the output, market specialists are reduced to choosing ambient air cooling which greatly increases cycle times. By turning this disadvantage into an advantage, A2P has developed a revolutionary innovation.
A2P is the only company on the market to have developed a solution capable of providing chilled water cooling, in a closed circuit, which is efficient and economical.
A PATENT THAT REDUCES CYCLE TIME BY OPTIMISING THE COOLING OF TRAYS.
A2P has developed a compact plant specifically designed for composite applications, which minimises the power required for the production of chilled water, condenses vapours and optimises the cold water supply.
In a schematic manner, the vapour condensation process is composed of a plant (compact skid) comprising:
- An air-condensed chiller,
- A single process pump,
- A closed tank at atmospheric pressure,
- A set of pipes, flaps and valves, including a motorised valve.
To put it simply, a compact circuit mounted on closed circuit skid.
PRECISE DIMENSIONING OF THE COOLING CIRCUIT; AN OVERAL VALUE ANALYSIS.
By prioritising the cooling of moulds through producing chilled water with the creation of an inertia tank, the time is considerably reduced.
It is by working on each step of the cooling process that the cycle times are optimised:
- By cooling the moulds with water, more heat can be removed,
- By creating an inertia tank, the cooling unit’s energy consumption is reduced considerably, through storing a quantity of cold energy in the tank in real time,
- By condensing the vapour, vapour surges are avoided, it does not enter the exchanger and carries no risk of degradation,
- All by implementing a chiller that works exactly as required, without oversizing.
A patent that guarantees being a step ahead of the competition!