Far more efficient than standard dry coolers or dry cooling towers, A2P thermoconvectors provide eco-responsible, economical and reliable solutions for producing cold water.
The TS and TSV range thermoconvectors are the result of years of research and testing. They are based on powerful air/ water heat exchangers, where the air circulated by helical fans is used to cool water for industrial processes. The energy consumption is very low
A2P TS thermoconvectors are simple devices, essentially consisting of batteries, fans and a process pump. The pump is located in a cabinet attached to the device. The plant is fully autonomous and integrated. A PLC allows speed variation of the fans on 256 levels. The thermoconvectors are modular: the flow-through manifolds allow several devices to be successively linked. (REFERENCE 3.1)
The TS thermoconvectors are cleverly constructed: this includes the juxtaposition of short batteries of 35 kW each (each composed of 6 layers of copper), laid perpendicular to the flow-through manifolds. Our competitors often offer only one battery per device, laid lengthwise, with only 2 layers of copper.
Benefits for the user
- Very rapid return on investment.
- Proven and scalable technology.
- Fully autonomous device: integrated pump, on-board electrical cabinet, only the remote control is separate.
- No adiabatic system: high efficiency is guaranteed without misting or watering of the heat exchange batteries, even in very warm weather.
- Unparalleled energy efficiency (EER = 38!!).
- Very stable outlet water temperature (at 1/ 10°C).
- Direct and unlimited modularity; modular design of thermoconvectors with two flow-through manifolds that allow successive connection to other modules.
- Low maintenance.
- Closed circuit operation, hermetic under pressure; with no water consumption, anti-scaling or anti-algae treatment. No risk of legionellosis.
- No need to treat water.
- Closed circuit: no need to use of a buffer tank or return pumps, very significant reduction of micro-sludge formation, seal deterioration, and disturbance of any kind to the operation of the valves, etc.
- Optimum water flow obtained by the fixed selection of the pump, perfectly corresponding to the capacity of each module.
- Total control of the helical fans speed by microprocessor, from 0 to the maximum speed.
- Easy installation without cover, on the roof or on the ground, possibly on extensions.
- On-board security (selector to switch to manual mode).
- Outstanding durability (thanks to the lack of misting).
- Three-year warranty on all parts, with no deductible.
- Low level of noise pollution.
- For any application related to oil temperature maintenance: the quality of the cooled oil and its molecular chain is preserved in the absence of thermal shocks.
Extremely low energy consumption
For example, the average energy consumption of a TS150 thermoconvector with 175 kW cooling capacity will be approx. 7.3 kW in total (including distribution pump), which corresponds to a COP of 23!
The sophisticated construction of the thermoconvectors, especially the cross-linking of the copper tubing on the batteries, which can only be done manually, leads to significantly higher manufacturing costs for A2P compared to our competitors. However, the operating cost of our devices is extremely interesting and allows for a very fast return on investment, absorbing the price difference.
Watering and misting prohibited
Air/ water batteries composed of aluminium fins crossed by copper pipes, offer an exceptional heat exchange coefficient thanks to an oversized copper contact surface.
See for yourself: each unit battery represents 220m² of aluminium fin surface and 5.2m² of copper pipe exchange surface.
A TS150 is composed of 5 unit batteries, representing 1,100m² of aluminium fin surface and 16m² of copper pipe exchange surface.
Unique performance on the market: thanks to oversized heat exchange batteries, composed of 6 layers of copper and with special cross-linking, the temperature deltas obtained (between the dry bulb air temperature and the temperature of the fluid destined for applications) are between 2 and 5°C maximum, without adding water (neither misting nor watering).
Adiabatic systems, as proposed by our competitors, include a misting device that induces water consumption in the process (several m³/ h), making the operator of this type of installation ineligible for certain qualifications. The water consumption can be very significant (several 1,000 litres/ hour). It is necessary to overcome the dry coolers’ lack of air/ water exchange.
Any use of misting will have a direct and very short-term impact on the capacity of the appliances. As a result, the more attractive price of adiabatic devices will be much higher in the long term. The majority of standard dry coolers suffer a very significant yield loss from 22 or 23°C ambient air. Above 30°C, simple misting is no longer enough and high-flow watering will be essential. The lime in the water acts as a powerful insulator and is deposited on the fins.
In the case of dry cooling towers, the high water consumption is the heat sink’s main input in warm weather!
Misting is to be avoided and should be prohibited:
- Misting leads to continuous and significant water consumption (1,000+ litres/ hour).
- Misting should be done with softened or treated water.
- In the absence of softener, the water is hard: lime is a powerful insulator that will settle on fins.
- Water consumption in the process excludes the possibility of obtaining certain quality certifications from the outset.
It is totally wrong to suggest, as some competitors do, that misting of their devices only takes a few hours a year to compensate for an air temperature that very quickly becomes too high.
In order for the TS thermoconvectors to operate effectively, it is necessary that the applications connected to the thermoconvectors can be maintained by producing a fluid, which is guaranteed by the manufacturer to be a maximum of +5°C compared to the dynamic ambient air temperature (dry bulb). In the plastics processing sector, it is important that application heat exchangers (pickers of injection moulding machines, plate and seal exchangers, etc.) are clean (descaled) and properly dimensioned.
Unparalleled performance at 37°C air temperature, verified by an independent auditor
For example, at 30°C air temperature, the outlet water temperature will be no higher than 35°C.
The advertised efficiency of the A2P TS range applies even at high air temperatures of 35- 38°C (dry bulb), whereas a standard dry cooler will see its efficiency greatly reduced as soon as the ambient temperature reaches or exceeds 25°C.
For over 25 years, A2P INDUSTRIE has installed hundreds of thermoconvectors throughout the country. Hundreds of happy users can attest to their extreme satisfaction with successful thermal dissipation through such an efficient and economical system, even in very warm weather.
Thanks to two flow-through manifolds, the thermoconvectors can be connected together, in series or in parallel, by simply coupling successive autonomous modules.
This unique modularity is possible without recourse to a buffer tank or recovery pump. It is protected by numerous patents filed worldwide. Modularity makes it possible to plan investments in a flexible manner according to the development of the machinery fleet, without modifying the hydraulic installation. It ensures that the cooling plant is perfectly matched to the company’s actual needs at all times. Thus, no installed TS module will ever be obsolete: it can be integrated into a future installation or extension at any time.
The three main advantages of modularity are:
- Total flexibility in meeting needs.
- No overinvestment in unnecessary power.
- Total security of the process since the power is distributed over two or more stand-alone modules.
Unique free cooling configurations
Thanks to the thermoconvectors’ unique efficiency, configurations combining conventional (compressor) chillers and thermoconvectors optimise energy efficiency and rationalise the energy absorbed in complete installations.
A2P INDUSTRIE would be happy to answer questions on these unique configurations.